How Often To Use Beard Balm
If you're unsure on how often to use beard balm to achieve best results, the answer is "it depends." You should try using beard balm daily if your beard is a few days or weeks old.
Ever since beards came back into fashion, it became a trend in men to have a set of whiskers. Now, beard balms have come onto the market, and this helps to maintain a well-kept look for the man who wants to see a difference in the shape of their beard.
WHAT IS BEARD BALM?
is a soft, protective balm for beards, mustaches, and sideburns. It works to soften finer hair and keep your beard looking its best. Just like a conditioner for your hair, beard balm adds shine and softness to unruly, coarse hair that is prone to looking dry and brittle.
Beard balm works as a leave in conditioner for your beard. It usually contains essential oils, beeswax and shea butter, which help to soften your hair, moisturize it, and aid with styling.
There is a variety of beard balms that are available. Some are used to condition the hair and some are used to style and shape the beard.
should I brush my beard after using beard balm?
should I use Beard Balm every day?
To be fair, there is no set rule for how often to use beard balm. Every man is unique, as are their beards. These are some things you should consider:
Which type of skin do you have?
- Dry skin - Consider twice daily
- Normal skin - moisturize daily
- Oily skin - You can still moisturize your skin daily, but you might consider using a milder product.
Why use beard balm
A limited amount of research has been done on the effects of oils on beard health. Beard oil could have these benefits:
- Dry skin can be moisturized. A beard balm can help moisturize your skin and prevent dry, flaky skin.
- Lessens itchiness. Flaking skin can be reduced by the moisturizing properties found in beard balm.
- Your beard will be softener. Balms that are saturated or monounsaturated may be able to penetrate your hair's outer layer to maintain its natural moisture barrier. This moisture barrier helps keep your hair soft and hydrated.
- Protects against folliculitis. Coconut oil and other oils have antimicrobial properties which may help to prevent folliculitis. Folliculitis refers to an inflammation of the hair follicle that is caused by fungal or bacterial infections.
- Your beard will smell great! Do we really need to explain this benefit to you? Or do you purposefully want a stinky beard?
How To Apply Beard Balm
1. Start with A Pea-Sized Amount
To scoop out a small amount of the product from the tin, use your index or thumb. start with a small amount about the size of a pea. You don't want to overdo it here.
2. Melt The Balm
Rub your hands together to spread the balm onto your palms. Melt the balm by rubbing your hands together.
3. Apply To Your Skin First
Start by flattening your fingers and applying the beard balm underneath your beard. Rub it in well. Although the texture of the balm is thicker than an oil or butter, you don't need to 'claw" into the skin as if it were itchy.
4. Apply To Your Beard Hairs
Start at the base of your beard, and move upwards towards the sideburns. This is done by using your open hands to swipe upwards. To distribute product evenly and remove any clumps, use a beard brush or comb.
Enjoy the final look!
beard balm for short beards
beard balm for medium beards
beard balm for long beards
Ready to up your beard game? If you're tired of having an itchy or patchy beard check out these products from Kingly Beardz.